Sonntag, 30. September 2007

To boldly go...

Yesterday I dyed my first yarn!!! And I am very happy with the results! I used Kool Aid that I bought on ebay as you don't get it in Germany and then "baked" the yarn in the oven according to Wollhuhn's directions. I used sock yarn and can't wait to start working on it!

For the first 100gr skein I took Cherry and Lemon. I have twu English Pint glasses (nicked from pubs when I used to study there) and they are perfect for the job:




For the second two 50gr skeins I used orange and grape:




(As you see I don't have a swift and I have to work on my hanking technique)

My pink sweater is nearly done. I am working on the second sleeve and I hope to finish it today after I have corrected the central Bavarian English and German tests from my 6th graders. (Don't get me started on my opinion on this)

3 Kommentare:

Holly hat gesagt…

Great dyeing job! If you ever need Kool-aid, just email me. You don't have to buy it on ebay. It is only $.10 a pack here. I will stick some in the mail to you. Just let me know what colors you would like.

Süßstoff hat gesagt…

Die gefärbte Wolle sieht wirklich toll aus. Mir gefällt vor allem die Kirsch-Zitronen Kombination. Kann man theoretisch jede Wolle färben oder muss es spezielle sein?


Ich hab Dein Blog erst ganz neu entdeckt (irgendein swap-link) und muss jetzt erstmal weiter lesen!
Viele Grüße,
Nicole

Grace hat gesagt…

I love the color combos you chose, especially the orange and grape! Lovely!

Alice @kathrynivy.com