Mittwoch, 26. September 2007

Cold

It became really, really cold today, so had the opportunity to wear this sweater which I had already finished a couple of weeks ago. The basic pattern is from Suss Cousin's book "Hollywood Style", the borders, the use of two colours and the flowers are added extras by yours truly. I did the borders because I didn't like the neck finish and the lower edge inititally curled in because of the stockinette stitch. (I'm sorry for the bad picture but somehow I seem not to be able to do god photos with just one hand, I am too shaky). The dark green yarn is from Butinette and the violet one is recycled from a cardigan I frogged. I finished this in about two days. No, not because I knitted the whole day but because I used 8 mm needles. I usually don't like handling such thick needles but I like the texture that they produce.



I have finished the front and the back of the pink sweater and am currently working on the first sleeve. Knitting goes slower during the week as a lot of my lessons are during the afternoon this school year and when I come home in the evenings I don't feel like doing anything.

Keine Kommentare: