Sonntag, 4. November 2007

Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap topic of the week

When did you first start drinking coffee? What age were you? Was it about the caffeine, or do you love the taste and smell? Tell us how your passion began!

I started to drink coffee at my first job. From the age of about 16 I worked as a temp (for 10 years on and off) in an office. I did all the jobs whre they needed help. From the second year on I replaced the personal secretary during her summer vacation. Of course, I had to make coffee as well. And as there were no other free beverages around, I started drinking the stuff and have since that day! I love everything about coffe, the smell, the taste, having a mug in your hand....

An anecdote connected with this:
Every time I went to get some coffee at this office there was only a little bit left at the bottom of the pot. After several times of brewing fresh one I came into the kitchen again - hardly any coffee left. My boss was there as well and I said very angrily as I had alot to do that day and already was on the edge: "Who the hell is too lazy to make fresh coffe and just leaves these drops of excuse in the pot?" My boss said with a grin: "Actually, I do that..." Ooooops. Well, I was 17 and I have to admit my coffee was way better than his!

Keine Kommentare: