Sonntag, 21. Oktober 2007

First snow

Today it snowed here in Munich for the first time this year! Well, it melted before it hit the ground, but the stuff was definitely white. I took this weather as (another excuse) to be lazy and do only yarn-related things. First of all, I dyed some more sock yarn. Both of these skeins will be sent out as part of swap packages. So look out ;-) For the first one I used only one pack of Kool-Aid each in Cherry and Pineapple:





For the second one I used two packs of Dark Cherry and Grape each for more intense colours:





I like the outcome of both and I have to admit I am a bit reluctant to let them go.

I made some progress on my smok-pattern cardi. Alas, I ran out of yarn for the arms (which I immediately ordered online), so I have to wait till my nice postman comes again to my doorstep. So far I really like both the outcome of the pattern and the quality of the yarn (Online Linie 130 Champ) and I am impatient to be finally able to wear it. I was a bit afraid of the collar as you start out with a certain number of stitches from the middle and then add 2 more stitches at the end of each row but it turned out quite nicely I think.


Yesterday night I went out to a party with two couples who are friends of mine and it scared me that I didn't feel like the odd one out (even when we met up with a third couple). Have I finally accepted the role of the old maiden? Is it time to buy a cat and a rocking chair?
Connected with this, there was a rumour at school among my colleagues that I was pregnant. When my boss (!!) asked me if this was true, I could only laugh uncontrollably. I mean, who am I, the Virgin Mary? Haven't seen any angles hovering at my flat recently....

3 Kommentare:

Holly hat gesagt…

Once again a great dyeing job. Are you going to give the sock dyes that are sold in stores a try? The sweater looks fabulous. Glad you had a good time out.

Adrienne hat gesagt…

Your yarn is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

dorothee hat gesagt…

Your colleagues seem to be quite nice... Any ideas how that rumor started?

I like the last picture of your self-dyed yarn!