Mittwoch, 1. August 2007

Fair Isle

Behold my first attempt in Fair Isle:





I stayed at my parents' house the last couple of days and I was kinda bored on Monday because everyone was out and I was home alone. And I needed a new challenge knitting wise. I found this yarn (left by my Grannie - I think it is acrylic) and browsing the new Rebecca (link will follow - their website isn't up to date) I saw this pattern. I started around midday and I knitted for about 9 hours and the result was this. Admittedly , my right arm felt like falling off but I was very proud of my achievement. You may ask, how can you knit for such a long time. Well, first I watched documentaries for 3 hrs on TV (I love Phoenix!) and then I listened to audiobooks and podcasts. As I was alone, I sort of lost track of time. Hey, I'm on vacation!

Question of the day: why does one feel inferior to all the people who are marrying at the moment? Or as a friend of mine put it: Why does one feel like a leftover Christmas cookie?

3 Kommentare:

Marsha hat gesagt…

This looks wonderful! I haven't tried Fair Isle yet myself, but after seeing this I am feeling inspired to do so!

As for marriage: don't worry about it. It doesn't happen for everyone--and that's fine. Just keep living a full life and doing lots of knitting! :)

Devonshire hat gesagt…

That is looking so gorgeous! Fair Isle is on my list of to dos too.

Marriage happens when it is right - life happens at the speed it is supposed to!

Grace hat gesagt…

This is so impressive! I can't believe it's your first attemt at FI.

I totally get the long hours knitting, when I was knitting my clapotis I think I worked on it as much as a full time job ;)

Alice @ kathrynivy.com