Donnerstag, 27. März 2008

I'm back

Rome was really great! It is such a historical and impressive city. There is so much to see that I have definitely to go back there. We saw all the "musts" and walked a lot around the city. Unfortunately the weather was really bad. We had monsoon-like rain for all but the last day and it was really, really cold. This isn't good for exploring a city when your shoes and socks and feet are wet. And it certainly doesn't make you want to queue for the Vatican museum for about 4 hrs. And I couldn't wear this on my trip:



I made this shortely before my trip from a pattern I got from Robin. The fabric is designed by Kaffee Fasset and I have to say size s fits me perfectly. I can't wait for summer now! I definitely have to get more tanned for this top.

And look what awaited me yesterday night after a 10 hrs train trip. My discloth swap package from Diana:



The stuff she sent me is great - I love everything that's in it!!!!



As I said - 10 hours on the train (single way), so of course I was very productive. Another pair of monkeys in Cherry Tree Hill Yarn:



And some spiral socks in Crystal Palace Panda Cotton:

7 Kommentare:

Adrienne hat gesagt…

Cute top!!!

Dorothy hat gesagt…

Love the top and the socks!

Diane hat gesagt…

Glad everything got there ok. Sure hope it was worth the wait.

Now I can stop silently stalking your blog and comment on all the lovely things you make. I love all your projects.

Corwink hat gesagt…

I love the top you made. Very cute! Sorry the weather was bad on your trip. Over all it sounds like you had a great time. I thought of you the other day.....I pulled out the skein of yarn you dyed and sent me for the swap. I can't wait to use it.

Melissa hat gesagt…

That's a beautiful top - it fits you perfectly! I love the socks too.

Lacey hat gesagt…

cool top and socks! Im glad you had a great trip even though it rained.

Robin hat gesagt…

The top turned out great - I agree it fits you perfectly, and I love that fabric. Sorry you had bad weather in Rome, but glad you had fun anyway.