Samstag, 2. Februar 2008

I couldn't resist

To cast on another project. but when I saw Stella's Blouse on Interweave I just had to have it! It is so retro and it is so me! I thought about buying the yarn that was given (Rowan Cotton Glace) but it would have cost me about €60. And, as hard as it is to admit, ever since I started to earn "real" money I got kind of miserly in some areas. I just feel, I work so hard for that money that I want to spend it wisely. (Not that that is always possible...I just say: Prada Shoes). Anyway, I rembered that I had some yarn with the right gauge in my stash and I cast on yesterday evening while watching the soccer game. And this is how far I got until now:



The colour is slightly off - in reality it is darker, but after 30 pics I just gave up getting the right light. I can't wait for this to be finished!
I got one week off due to "Fasching" and I'm really happy about that. I had the feeling that the work atmosphere the last week wasn't really the best. I think everyone was kind of glad to leave school on Friday and not have to return on Monday. I hope everything will be a little more relaxed when we get back.

A note to Holly's comment: I did about half of what you see on the picture while wathcing the game. The other half I did this morning! Even I'm not that fast in knitting :-)

1 Kommentar:

Holly hat gesagt…

I just saw that in my email and I can not believe you have that much done by watching a soccer game. Am I not that fast knitting, is there something I need to learn to produce things that quick?