Sonntag, 17. Februar 2008

Looking forward

Thank you for your nice comments on the rather sad issue of last week. We had a memorial service at school on Friday and it was really moving. Now we have to look to the future and make the best of our lives!
While collecting my thoughts this weeks I made this (I really can think better when clicking away):



I am really, really happy with the outcome and will wear it to school tomorrow. It is from Drops Design, Nr. 106-11. I found an error in the pattern, sent them an email and they corrected it at once. Swift service, I'd say. Even if the picture suggests it - the cardigan is NOT assymmetrical. I think that the model stands in a very suggesting pose and this proves (again) that one cannot rely on fashion photography. I knitted it exactly after the pattern and you can see for yourself - straight lines.
What makes me even more happy - I used up some more yarn from my stash!!! It is getting smaller and smaller by the week! This is Junghans Opal and originally it was intended to become a dress. But I think I like this even more.

7 Kommentare:

Holly hat gesagt…

You must have a huge stash. I am sorry for your lost. When you get ready to clean out years down the road, send me you gorgeous sweaters. LOL. I just love everyone you knit up. Hugs!

Robin hat gesagt…

Sorry to hear about your loss. It is always hard to lose someone unexpectedly - we lost a co-worker last year (to suicide) and it was very unsettling.

I love that cardigan!

Melissa hat gesagt…

That is a beautiful cardigan. I love the color!

Elemmaciltur hat gesagt…

Tut mir Leid wegen Deines Kollegens. War letzte Woche nicht so online gewesen und daher habe ich den Eintrag nicht gesehen.

Corwink hat gesagt…

OK I must go knit that sweater right now!! It is fabulous!! What a great color and it fits you perfectly.

Dorothy hat gesagt…

I'm sorry for the loss of your colleague. Sudden losses are always difficult...

The sweater is AMAZING!

Lacey hat gesagt…

That sweater is soooo awesome. Do you know if the instructions come in English.