Sonntag, 3. August 2008

We are going on a summer holiday

Finally, finally the summer holidays have arrived. The last two weeks have been very hard indeed. It felt like I was dragging myself from day to day. But now - six weeks without grading papers, handling kids and doing paperwork. It feels great! And I can fully concentrate on knitting and sewing again - all the more as the bf is away next week :-) All I managed to achieve in the last weeks were these well- known baby booties. We went to see bf's sister who lives around 2hrs away and she is expecting. So I thought these would be a good gift. I made them out of leftover yarn from my Firestarters which I dyed myself with Kool Aid. I chose this yarn as we don't know yet whether it will be a boy or a girl, so neutral colours were the best in my opinion. The pattern is great - I knit them up in about 1-2 hrs.

1 Kommentar:

Robin hat gesagt…

Have fun on holiday! The booties are really cute!