Mittwoch, 6. August 2008

Cobblestone finished

I know all about the "boyfriend sweater curse" but lacking inspiration and my bf pestering me about my knitting him a sweater I decided on the famous Cobblestone - and here it is!



Spending hours on Ravelry looking for a decent men's sweater I just had to decide on it. It looks neither gay nor 80s (which I think most men's pattern do) and is mindless enough to knitt in stressy times. I wasn't really sure about my choice of yarn ("Achat" from Junghanswolle) but I have to say the result is nice. It took a bit of figuering out how to start a new skein but I think the changes in colour make the design even more interesting than with plain yarn. The bf hasn't tried it on yet as he is away on a trip - so keep your fingers crossed that it will fit him. Well, otherwise I will use it as a lounging sweater for myself.
I still have to finish the February Lady Sweater but I don't feel like it at the moment. Maybe I will turn to some sewing instead or on another shawl. I don't want to start any socks becuase that is for our trip at the end of the month.

2 Kommentare:

Robin hat gesagt…

Cobblestone turned out really great! I agree on most men's patterns looking gay or 80s - totally! I've only knit Jim one sweater and he really likes it. I have a hard time getting him to agree to sweaters I think he would like - he comes up with some strange reasons not to like certain sweaters sometimes, so he's hard to knit for. I'm thinking he's going to get a black one next, with the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Super Chunky I have in stash. It'll be soft, a color he won't disagree with, and won't have a lot of cables or anything as they won't show anyway. Boring, right?

Anonym hat gesagt…

Cobblestone came out really nice. DH is sooo picky about patterns, so it's so hard to knit for him.

P.S: you have an e-card from me

your sp12 pal